Poem: I wish - The Pen of Light

The Light to Guide Content Writers

Latest Posts

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Poem: I wish

Poem: I wish

I love you! I can say that again, 
I wish things turn out differently,
I wish we could be together eternally,
To hold you till we both grow old,
To cradle you in between my arms,
Barefoot on the couch, listening to your song of choice,
Conversing via our hearts, listening to our thoughts,
To hug you from behind while we stare at the stars,
We could wrestle on our bed and I’ll let you win,
We’ll talk like best friends, play like kids and laugh like idiots
We could argue all day but I’ll protect you like a brother,
I wish to wake you up with sweet poems
With breakfast in my hand I’ll kiss your head,
I’ll leave you love notes before I go to work,
And send you to bed with love songs,
I wish we could tell our children how we met,
We could form a bedtime story of our romance adventure.
Truly the heart want what it wants,
But what the heart wants doesn’t always belong to the heart,
We’ll soon part our ways in our pursuit for happiness,
But I’ll always remember the good moments we shared,
The loving and wonderful feelings we shared,
I hope you’ll also remember me and say “how I wish we never ended that way”,
But I know your lips will curl in smiles when you reminisce of me,
I hope you find happiness wherever you go,
Fate has brought us together and I’m glad our paths crossed,
The moments we shared will linger forever in our memories.
Meanwhile, we still have ourselves,
We can live each day like it’s our last,
Taking one step at a time,
Till each of us go our separate path,
In our quest for happiness and love,
We could do the things we’ve always wished to do,
Without keeping any words unsaid,
For we don’t know when it’ll be our last,
We could create a memory that’ll last a lifetime,
And when we finally part we’ll live without regrets,
Life is too short, so let’s live the moment,
And when we finally found happiness we’ll have nothing to hold us back!
Read also: Black

Kindly follow us on Twitter for daily quotes and short poems. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment or Opinion