Poem: Pandemic - The Pen of Light

The Light to Guide Content Writers

Latest Posts

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Poem: Pandemic

Poem: Pandemic

I wish someone will tell me stop crying,
But who will? Every man to his own,
Someone should have told me to hold him a little longer,
For that may be the last time I’ll ever do,
Someone should have told me not to let him go,
Because he may never return,
Someone should have cautioned me when I took him for granted,
I wish I had hugged him a little longer,
But it’s too late now to regret,
We stare from afar like strangers,
I roam about the room he is being kept but couldn’t enter,
Even when I tried to, I was stopped,
When I asked why I couldn’t see my brother,
They say he is sick, very sick,
“He is my brother and I can take care of him,” I had replied,
But they say it’s too dangerous, too hazardous,
What could be more  hazardous than a broken bond?
Death! It breaks all bonds,
They say he is dying,
They say it’s not safe for me to go close to him,
I wept at the illusional scenes playing before me,
So helpless like I’ve never felt before,
Will he ever come back to me? I wonder,
I am yet to reconcile with him,
I am yet to tell him how much I love him,
I wallowed in my pains, music became my solace,
But even that is not enough to heal my wounds,
I go out to get a drink but bars are closed,
No cinema, No party, No football match,
What could be happening?
Has rapture taken place? I asked puzzled,
They say it’s a sickness, so deadly and contagious,
Everyone seemed to be for themselves,
Lost in their thoughts,
The world is so deserted,
It’s enough to make the angels weep,
Someone should please tell me to stop crying,
I’ve been wandering around this building for as long as I could recall,
I kept hearing voices but I couldn’t go in,
Even with my own brother right there,
What were they saying by the way?
I don’t know,
But I understand somethings in those soft voices,
Pains! Sorrows! Anguish! Loneliness!
That is what my brother is going through!
That horrible house called isolation center,
Has he given up hope already?
I cried my heart out, My eyes puffed,
My heart bled! Heavy! Wounded!
The world is in jeopardy, a state of pandemonium,
Who will save us? Who will restore our hopes?
GOD!!! Yes, God! We should pray to him!
But we have our parts,
Let’s do what we have to do to prevent this pandemic,
Stay Safe and Healthy!!!
Read Also: I wish
Photo Credit: SkyNews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment or Opinion